Wednesday 17 November 2010

Ten minutes in Topshop!

As I walked out the shop I broke into a sweat and started seriously considering my finances......... How had I let this happen, a week before payday £160 left in my account and now a week before payday and nothing!  So ten minutes ago I was feeling good about myself I had budgeted well this month with almost £40 per day to spend for the next five, enough for the train, lunch and a small treat daily, well done Hayley............ But ten minutes in topshop and it's all over!!
I popped in for my little treat, today was gonna be hair clips, they didn't have the ones I wanted, I heard my head telling my body to leave but my body stood strong and decided that looking at the hosiery would be a good idea.  I knew what was about to happen, it always does when I look at hosiery........... The hosiery is next to the petite section, that's when it happened!  I saw her out of the corner of my eye and goodness me she looked good, a new dress, 'hello, you'd look amazing in my wardrobe', chatting up a dress that's what it has come too! I can still hear my head saying no but before I can think about that my arms full of hangers and I'm already half way to the fitting room.  I pray they won't fit so I can get out of there.  They fit all of them! This is where my conscious kicks in, 4 dresses is absurd, but 2? Well that's practical it'll cover both weekend days, right?  So right now I'm holding two dresses both £38 pounds which is bad enough really but then it gets worse, the shoe department sucks me in, literally it feels like a vacuum pulling me towards the pretties, it's too late I've looked there's no way I can't buy, plus those boots would look incredible with my new dresses!  So there you have it - 10 minutes, 3 items, 180 pounds = 0 cash in the bank!
The crazy thing is this is a regular occurrence, I almost know it's gonna happen but I can't stop it!  One saviour is that splurges like this help me to feel human, like a sky drive, it introduces risk and spontaneity into my life.  I regularly splurge and feel no guilt but at least when it is close to payday it makes me weigh up what I have done and I can proudly announce that riddled with guilt I will return these items first thing tomorrow morning!  Question is what have I got to wear to return things in............ That new dress and boots would look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment