Wednesday 10 November 2010

A wardrobe of habit!

As my alarm goes off I drift downstairs reach for my morning glass of water and begin to devour my coco pops.  Walk to the mirror, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, make up then tidy up my hair! In zombie fashion I stumble to the car, pull into the train station, park in the same space I park in everyday, pop on my iPod, Craig David for the morning (what, he has a soothing voice).  Once on the train, sitting in the same seat as normal I give it half hour then I turn up the pace, maybe a bit of Kings of Leon, then just before I get off the train I'll bust out the Gaga in preparation for my strut into the city! But before the strut comes the morning chamomile tea, always from Costa!!
Creatures of habit, you got it...........how does this relate to my wardrobe??? Ask my collection of nude shoes........ 12 pairs, necessary, doubtful?? Or maybe one of the fifth teen pairs of hareem pants or hoards of baggy off the shoulder tees could answer!!  We all do it, safe buying, we have items that make us feel good or that we've been noticed in so we buy similar, this can make a wardrobe very samey and means we become less and less creative as we stick with the safe options.
My question is what happens if one morning I decide not to opt for Craig David but instead I tune into some Tinie Tempah, apart from feeling 100 times more cooler and current than I usually do, at best I may get a feeling of power, one because the tracks have hard beats and two because I have decided to take control and go against my normal routine, at worst the music may wake me up more quickly than Craig Davids mellow tunes putting me in a bit of an erratic mood.
Realistically though that feeling of power that I may get is surely worth the risk as during that day I am likely to strive higher to achieve, be determined to complete things and who knows it may give me the confidence I need to ask my boss that key question that's been on the tip of my tongue for the past six months.
This change of routine is powerful stuff right...... so apply that to your wardrobe does it make the same impression?  More so, you are what you wear, pop on a cute little tea dress you'll feel innocent and coy, pop on some gun pants and military boots and you'll feel strong and powerful, tall boots and tight jeans sexy and womanly - get the picture.  Ever wondered why you are feeling a bit...... blurgh?  Maybe you've got into the habit of buying................. blurgh?  You clothes are probably lovely and you may have loads of items but if they are all a bit similar you'll never really feel like you never have new items.  Try something different, so many times I hear 'thats not my style', but........ have you tried it? More importantly have you tried it recently, this is another common misconception just because something didn't suit you at 18 it doesn't mean it won't suit you at 28, be adventurous and try to buy a few different shapes or colours to what you normally wear.  You'll feel a bit unsure at first going against what you normally wear but wait till you go out in a different item and you'll get hundreds of compliments ........you look different and for that reason you'll get noticed!  This is the perfect wardrobe tipfor when you are trying to get noticed for a promotion or if you'd like a guy you've known for ages to see you in a new light, it sounds daft but a style change will really draw peoples eye, it'll have the same effect as dying your hair - pretty impressive hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment