Wednesday 18 May 2011

Can the Internet turn me on?

Irrelevant of if I agree with it or not or even if I am happy with it or not, men and women everywhere regularly go online to get their kicks, an innocent download of a topless blonde girl, a busty brunette gyrating on a red velour sofa, an oiled up guy flexing his pecs..... if you want it it's out there!  However can someone like myself fuel their passion online or does cyberspace have a tendency of leaving me frustrated, unsatisfied and more importantly under serviced?  Let's face it when I go online late at night and hope no ones watching I am not looking for playgirls, guys in gimp suits or clips of local doggers instead I am in search of floral play suits, killer heels and the next big thing.  While Jenna Jameson might get you hot under the collar Jaeger and Jigsaw are more my thing!  While cyber-shopping and cyber-sex can feel miles apart the similarities seem uncanny when I am late night browsing........ you might hide the tissues while I hide my orders, you may spend that extra fiver to see a snatch while I'll be spending triple that on an extra accessory, when you're done you'll erase your history so your wife doesn't see meanwhile I'll be erasing mine so my husband doesn't either! 

With the cheap frill aside has this virtual exchange of money scratched my itch? No!  What is it I love about shopping?  It's the textures and the colours, seeing how clothes sit together, the service, the feeling of giving my credit card over, the weight of the bag as I leave the shop.  Has my late night rendez-vous with Topshop.com met any of my shopping credentials, yet again..... No.  I can't feel the product, I can't smell that new smell, I can't see the way the fabric skims my body and I have no shop assistants to tell me how great I look.  I have felt this way for a long time and the idea of shopping on the net has regularly disappointed me, poor images not displaying colours correctly, late deliveries, deliveries when your not in, queueing at the Post Office when none of them fitted, overspending because let's face it online transactions don't count!  However I am an addict and most shops are only open 9-6, I am no mathematician but even I know that equates to 15 hours cold turkey!!  This gives me no other option than to turn to the net as darkness falls.  As you can imagine this has led to many a fashion frustrated night but I guess this is no different to your average late night net searchers, yearning for the touch of those they're viewing, I am left with that same empty feeling when I look at the hole in my wardrobe where my new garments should be, however with the recent advancements in web browsing maybe all my prayers have been answered.  While it's a rarity to pay to watch a guy or girl online and follow it up with skin to skin advancements the following day online retail is doing just this.  Browse online, find what you want then get your local store to hold it, what a super idea and lets face it the best of both worlds.  A late night thrill when your search has all been worth while as you've fallen head over heels for a new garment, then the feeling of personalised service as you type your name in and your local store reserve it, then the all important look around the store comes the next day minus the disappointment of them not having your size and that empty space in your wardrobe is filled in less than 24 hours without a £7.95 delivery charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment