Sunday 3 October 2010

And it all started with a little red shoe!


Have you ever thought that your obsession with fashion was growing to dizzy heights?  Do you frequently lose whole days when you have just popped out for some new tights?  Do you find yourself falling for every trend?  Does the local Topshop assistant know you by name?  Have you lied in order to get that new 'it' dress?  Do you have sleepless nights wondering how you will afford your next handbag?  Do you love the feel of new clothes?  Has shopping stopped becoming a way of life for you and actually is now you life ....................................... well you are in good hands!!  From a lady who has faked car parking tickets to excuse money from her joint bank account for Topshop boots, spent days ebaying just in order to purchase a new All Saints dress, lived on super noodles for a fortnight to get a LBD and most commonly spent a small fortune on fashion magazines comes Net Style!!
I envisage this blog as a non stop shopping haven, I promise to update you on purchases and give you up to the minute advice on what to look out for in a boutique near you!  With an extensive retail background I'm always ahead of the trends but more importantly understand fashion is about the individual!  Fashion magazines are not there to be imitated, they are there for inspiration ,this is my advice.  We need to be realistic ladies while messy hair and mini skirts rock on the under twenty's its more Kate Bush on the moors on the over thirties, meanwhile classic vintage looks sexy and mysterious on an older woman and a little mum's dressing up box on the teens!  My advice just stay true to you, the you inside and you'll look great on the outside!
For me the obsession of shopping is not just that fresh feel of a new purchase but the whole package.  One of my greatest childhood memories was my first shopping experience, not my first shopping encounter but experience, where I recognised the feeling of being special that was linked with a shopping trip ........... I was six and I was in a shoe shop, the desired purchase red patent Mary Jane's for a family wedding.  I remember seeing the shoes, they were at that very moment in time the only thing I needed in my life, as I sat down and the shop assistant attended my Mother with a coffee and I a juice and a lolly.  Already I was feeling like a very important six year old, as she measured my feet and brought me the correct size, I hit princess status, dancing around the store in my new princess slippers.  I can remember the battle to remove them from my feet and the clincher of the deal was that they would be wrapped in magic tissue, with that I pulled them off as I observed the assistant wrap them delicately as if they were pieces of fine art, for me that is of course exactly what they were.  This day marked a huge point in my life, it was the start of my daily obsession of playing shoe shops but more importantly it marked the day that would shape my work life and spare time, I had become a slave to shopping.............and I would not change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment