Thursday 7 October 2010

Heeling too old!?

Now as a fashion conformist I've had a heel or two in my time.  I have no problem buying beautiful shoes with amazing heels even though I know full well they'll spend their entire existence in my wardrobe.  I am aware this is a fashion crime, beautiful shoes deserve to go to the finest restaurants and the trendiest nightclubs.  My problem is while I could stand on a six inch all day long when I was 18 I now need to seek a bit of comfort in my shoes.  Why is it that seven years ago I could withstand a nine hour shift in platforms then change to an even higher heel for my stint in the local clubs.  I guess I could surrender and start wearing a lower heel but instead I have started devising ideas to get me through the evenings in the highest heel status possible.
 
Tip 1: Start hosting dinner parties, with 'Come dine with me' being so popular everyones into it and it gives you maximum sitting down time so your toes don't take your weight!
Tip 2: Invest in some rollasoles, a cute pair of flat pumps which are small enough to fit in your handbag.  When the burn gets to much pop these pumps on before the walk home.
Tip 3: Stick to platforms instead of heels as there is less pressure on the feet.
Tip 4: Heel switcharooney, here is a tip to having sexy long legs all day, as long as you wear different heels to work and play the change in heel height will make your feet feel as good as a rest!
Tip 5: Remember to break in before you breakout, shoes are never dance ready so give them a good break in first, my tip is around the house while you do the hoovering, another idea is a fitness DVD, if you can withstand the pain for the duration of the DVD you are definitely dance floor ready.
Tip 6: Maybe an old wives tale but maybe not, bath your feet in Epsom salts, then get a wine bottle out and roll it under the arches of your foot (have a glass or two, that'll dull the foot pain) then pop your feet into your shoes for the evening, works wonders.  Another extra tip is to warm the shoes up first.
Failing that pop some gel pads in your handbags girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment