Wednesday 6 October 2010

Changeable weather, changeable wardrobes!

Is anyone else struggling with the changeable weather?  It's hard enough trying to put an outfit together in the morning each day let alone having to then make sure the outfit will withstand a complete 360 turn in temperature change.  I am finding that of a morning I am wrapped up in my leather jacket, with a boho scarf and military boots but come midday I am ready to pop on my gladiator sandals, what is a girl to do?  Apart from the pure annoyance of it I am ending up red faced and sweaty for my meetings or alternatively have to pop into Primark for a quick fix cardigan.  My advice for a perfect October outfit is of course to use some layering but more specifically think carefully!  Replace your boots with brogues a great early autumn staple, your feet won't get wet in them like they will in your sandals in the quick downpours but they are still airy enough to keep you cool in the warm afternoons.  Capri pants or Chinos in a heavyweight fabric are a good idea too, the thick fabric will keep you toasty but the gap between your trouser and shoe will give you some aeration.  On top keep to layering, a stylish silk top with a cardi and blazer jacket top it off with a chunky scarf, this look will give you a few options throughout the day, don't forget your most important October accessory.......... your umbrella ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment